Academic Positions – Acupuncture and TCM
(Expression of Interest)
Ongoing, full-time or part-time
Education & Training (Academic – Private Training Establishment)
About New Zealand School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
The School, with its campus in Auckland, teaches students of the diploma, degree and postgraduate programmes that encompass courses in acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), biomedical science, Chinese herbal medicine and tuina. The School delivers theory, practical and clinical components of the programmes and this knowledge is then applied in the School’s clinics under supervision by professional clinicians, and so preparing the graduates for professional practice. In addition, the School seeks to develop its research culture amongst its academic and clinical staff.
The School’s academic year starts in early February and ends in mid-December.
About the opportunities and you
We are looking for exceptional academic staff who can be part of our journey to be the school of choice for acupuncture and TCM education. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with the following skills, experience and qualifications, who would thrive on being involved in teaching/clinical supervision at the tertiary level and are motivated to help learners success in their study:
- Postgraduate qualifications in acupuncture, TCM and/or biomedical science
- Adult and tertiary qualification, or willingness to undertake study to attain the qualification
- Experience in teaching and learning including digital/online delivery
- Experience in degree level curriculum development, preparing lesson plans, assessment design and moderation in a collegial environment
- Clinical practice as TCM practitioners
- Familiarity with tertiary education and the willingness to become familiar with NZQA processes
- Self-motivated, team player, and willingness to go the extra mile to support the School in realising its vision.
In addition, you are a self-starter and intrinsically motivated. You have the ability to communicate effectively, able to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, a proven commitment to high professional standards, and able to demonstrate your contributions to the success of the organisation you work with.
As opportunities come up and where there is a potential match, we will be in contact with you.
Successful applicants will undergo police and professional association’s vetting, and provide copies of qualifications.
How to apply
To be part of the progressive organisation and make a difference to the future of the School and the acupuncture/TCM profession, please send a detailed resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your interests and suitability, to email@example.com.
Expressions of interest are to be received by 5pm Monday 30 November 2020.